We had shared a wonderful artichoke recipe with you before, Stuffed Artichoke. He also described as mentioned, artichokes speaking of Turkey’s Aegean region comes to mind. It is one of the most frequently used vegetables especially in and around İzmir. The Aegean Region is located just across Greece and the culinary cultures are very similar. Therefore, most of the recipes can not be shared between Greece and Turkey. However, both cultures are the common heritage of the Greek and Turkish peoples living together for a long time. Here is one of the most delicious items this heritage We are with you with the artichoke pilaf recipe.
- 4 artichokes
- 2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of hot water (meat or chicken broth would be better if you do not use chicken bouillon)
- 2 medium-sized onion
- Half a bunch of dill
- 3 green onions (green chunks (finely chopped))
- Half a lemon juice
- Olive oil
Here are the instructions;
- First of all, we keep the shells and feathered parts of our artichokes in lemon juice so that they do not black out.
- We dig our artichokes to the size we want. I boiled for 5 minutes.
- We cut our bulbs on the ground, and olive oil is added to our saucepan.
- We continue to roast the rice that we wash and filter.
- Add the artichokes and green onions and rotate them a few times to add hot water.
- Without closing the lid of our pan, we add salt, sugar and half a lemon juice and cook until the water is removed.
- When our rice is pulled, we add the dill that we cut thinly, cover it with a clean towel and let it rest for 20 minutes. Bon Appetit.